Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
Say it ain't so, corvette! I get the reason, but to me, those Les Paul speakers are a work of art.  Must be hard to see them go..

As for mine, I've been playing with speaker placement over the past few weeks, and (for now) have determined that I prefer them on the long wall of my listening room.  The room is roughly 15 1/2 x 20, and initially I had them on the short wall spread 8' apart with about 2 1/2' from the rear wall and 3 1/2' from the sides.  On the long wall, I keep them 8 1/2' apart. 3' from the rear and 5 1/2' from the sides.  My listening position is also moved back, from around 9' to closer to 10'. 

I've found that the soundstage and imaging have both dramatically improved by this setup.  I was concerned about rear wall reflection now that my listening position is up against a wall, so I purchased a combo absorber/diffuser panel to hang behind me.  I haven't suffered any high frequency fatigue or noticed any timing issues since I hung the panel, so I guess it's working.

You have quite a few years of Audio experience - brayeagle.It must be exciting to have witnessed all of those changes over time.I am a CD/SACD guy myself. The Bryston BCD3 is a very fine spinner.I would not mind having a BCD1, but, the company did not stock pile replacement transports/other critical parts for repair?
Happy Listening!
Good to see you - dhoff01Do you know how many pairs of the Les Paul Edition were produced?I concur that finish is simply beautiful. I know that you are enjoying your pair.You have a nice room and system set-up. I would not worry about rear wall reflection. The absorption panel is doing its job.
Happy Listening!
Benedict Arnold here;

Gents, many of you appear to have spectacular systems.
Many with integrated subs!!

BUT; many have not posted a System picture & item description!!!!

please do!

Prof; I would love to see the CJ stack along with your room

jeff