Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
@vair68robert 

I switched back to the parallel ++/- - configuration a few days ago. I do hear this as more open and dimensional, less bounded. Could I pass a DBT? I dunno and I don’t care. If I were more motivated I would compare in mono. But that requires removing the outriggers and spikes and a couple of hours of swapping speakers back and forth. I’m not saving the world here, just maximizing my enjoyment. 
Now, I need to decide whether to resolder the binding posts so that the cables are not off the ground as much. I will not be enjoying anything if a house guest trips over the elevated cables. 
All

I wanted to direct your DIY attention to last week's HiFi Chats via YouTube. The guest was Mr. Richard Vandersteen. The episode (7) was an in-depth discussion on loudspeaker building. Specifically, our beloved 1st Order filter design.  The most informative session yet.

Happy Listening!

tomthiel

Nice score! on the 3.5 loudspeaker.
This model may very well be the Panel favorite.

Happy Listening!
stspur

Good to see you here.  I concur w/ beetle, Clarity Cap is a sonic match.
Keep us posted on your project. There are a few DIY experts here that can assist with the re-build.

Happy Listening!
Insider information: I've been told that Jim and Gary listened to every cap out there, along with measuring to choose the ClarityCaps. At the time the SA was top of the line. I've compared the SA to the CSA. The CSA is next league. Truly remarkable.