Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
With my in cabinet solution the resonance that will always accumulate on a chassis or components suspended or not will be dissipated with specific coupling methods and geometric shapes. For my method to work most effectively the same mechanical grounding scheme must be applied to the outside bottom of the cabinet to the higher mass of the floor. Suspended devices in free air especially under the bombardment inside a cabinet are presented with no path to dissipate resonance so those components will pass that interference on to the rest of the circuit.

Your method does reduce the material cabinet resonance from compounding the air impact resonance of your suspended parts. The free air method still holds onto some of the resonance which then becomes part of the system. Tom
Input accepted. What I know for now is that this rubber-damped / no cabinet contact method performs considerably better than stock Thiel. And that putting a crossover inside a cabinet is an inherently compromised idea. Further improvements always await.
So Tom the Thiel crossover board was screwed right to the cabinet floor? We had a Cs5 in the shop at Ovation because of a meltdown and saw the huge board out never took notice of how it was mounted..now over 20 years ago.
Tom
The CS5(&I) was the exception. It was too big for that. That huge xo board slid into a pair of grooves near the back of the cabinet, abutting a rubber bumper at the top. The cabinet base with a rubber bumper was screwed up against the bottom of the board. I think the long edges were just a light friction fit. Long ago indeed. 1988 introduction = 33 years ago.
And that crossover was like a small surfboard covered with components ..very complex it must have been. The other dealer in town
sold these and a pair of Adcom mono blocs..really when he should have had a Krell..To many wine tastings with the ladies I heard was the catalyst for the burn out. Tom