Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

All -

over on U.S. Audiomart there are a pair of 3.6 loudspeakers PLUS a spare OEM tweeter. Baltimore/Towson area. I hope these loudspeakers find the next good home.

Happy Listening!

I'm listening to my Viewpoints through my Dragonfly red and Creek 5350 SE and it's so great.  Not good, great.  Hardly anyone gets this, appreciate it.

jon_5912

I will 2nd- the Creek 5350 SE. It is an excellent Amp, sonic match for Thiel speakers.

Happy Listening!

Hey all, wondering if anyone could provide any insight to an issue I'm having with a pair of Thiel CS 2.2's I'm working on for somebody.

The woofer in one of them just won't stop farting/bottoming out.

They're both OEM woofers and I have an OEM replacement and it does the same thing as the old driver.

I don't know if they have different max power handling capabilities but that is what it sounds like.

There are no tears from the cone to the spider, the voice coil isn't rubbing, there's no sag in either driver, they test within spec, and they sound fine at low volume.

30Hz tone test makes this ghastly flapping sound, and turning anything with heavier bass on causes this to happen. Meanwhile; the other speaker sounds great at all volumes.

I've already repaired the surrounds on the passive radiator and nothing is rattling in these rock solid cabinets. 

I'm at a loss, anybody have any ideas?

Could this be a crossover issue?

Thank you!