Thoughts on moving from a 1200G to Sota Saphire or above

Two different animals, I know. I’ve read some pretty decent reviews on the Sota’s with the vacuum option and intrigued. We’re always looking for that little extra something, something. I’m interested in retrieving a bit more detail and upping the sound stage. 
Maybe this would be a lateral move? Maybe I should change my cart? Something else? Be happy and spin vinyl? Thanks for your feedback. 
Gear:
Technics 1200G
Ortofon Cadenza Black
Herron VTPH-2A phono preamp
Audible Illusions L2 Line Stage
Levinson 532-H
B&W 803 D2 speakers
AQ McKenzie interconnects for phono

Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
@mijostyn thanks for the feedback on the Sota. You give me a lot to think about. I could try it and if I don’t like it go back to the 120G as others have done. I plan on checking out the Sota today or tomorrow. As far as the SP10, unless I can pick it up for a song, don’t think I’ll make a move on it. Just too last minute of a discovery to vett out during my brief stay in H-Town. 
SP-10mk2 drive cost $1500 maximum! With old SME tonearm and some unknown custom plinth for $3500 it’s too much! All you need is drive, the rest you can buy yourself (better tonearm and better plinth).

For $3500 you could buy Luxman PD-444 (complete)
Tsushima, I have owned two samples of the SP 10 mk2. During the same timeframe, I also owned and still own an SP 10 Mk3, a Kenwood L07D, a Victor TT101, and a Denon Dp80, not to mention a highly tweaked Lenco. At one time or another I heard all these TT s in the same system. All of my turntables were fully refurbished and calibrated  before I started to use them. The Technics and Denon tts were replinthed in PA slate. In this bunch, in my opinion, the SP 10mk2 came in last. I thought it had a grayish coloration, compared to any of the other direct drive turntables. I also have to disagree with Pani, when he said that the mark 2 and the mark 3 sound about the same. In my experience, there is no comparison, Mk3 is in a different world. Tonally very neutral and very precise with a big sound space.. My Mk3 has the Krebs upgrade; my mk2s did not. But even before Krebs, Mk3 was superior.
Technics SP-10mk3 drive alone is about $5000 minimum, usually higher
@lewm

Thank you for considerations ...and thoughtful post based upon your hands on experience :0}

I was fond of my own Kenwood L07D and regret letting it go at times.