Thoughts on Vandersteen V2W Video Subwoofer

After searching in the internet, I have found very few discussions on the Vandersteen V2W video subwoofer. Is this subwoofer still a good option for Vandersteen theater systems, or should one consider other options such as the SVS SB-13 Ultra, a JL Audio or a REL subwoofer? There seems to be no recent press and little discussion on the V2W subwoofer, and I appreciate any reassurance or direction.
skb
V2W. Makes more sense if you already have Vandersteens
The V2W works more on transiet speed and bass pitch transition than other designs. cheers JohnnyR
I use one to excellent effect on a 5.1 system with 1C mains, VCC-2 center and VSM-1 surrounds. Integrates perfect using an Odyssey Multeq XT chip on my A/V receiver.  
Vandersteen are unique with their speedy multiple drivers instead of  just one driver.

Most dealers acknowledge their performance talents 

Vandy  has 2 models: a LFE home theatre "w"  version and a 2-channel "Q" version 

Here is an article below about why good subwoofers are so difficult to find. The Vandersteen option is a serious top candidate .... Full stop.

http://ultrafi.com/why-everybody-needs-a-good-subwoofer/

Postscript:

i auditioned various brand models ( no more cheap chuffy and wooley bass usual HT offerings) in my upgraded 7.1 HT system. I've had Martin Logan and other such chuffy and wooley bass kit in prior systems.

A dealer directed me to go personally audition the VANDY "W" sub. 

My experiences... Yup.... It bested all the other contenders and pretenders that I auditioned up to $5k, so I bought it. It also bested my existing CASTLE CLASSIC sub ( a rebranded $2k strata made for Castle by ATC as a made-in-England quality build unit.... Google the ATC gear .... The ATC top home units are north of $9k and their professional application units are stratospheric...) . The CASTLE is now doing yeoman service  in my B-system.

Suggestion; First read the article link and then go Audition the VANDERSTEEN in a shootout .... You won't be disappointed and you may well be left as gob -smacked as I was at just how good they are.

FWIW....