Threshold S/500 Power Amp or ???

Is there anyone still using this power amp now? What versiona and what are your thoughts regarding the S/500 driving Magnapans or Eminent Tech 8 speakers? I ask because I do love the sound or my S/300 especially where depth, width and height is concerned. It also does a wonderful job of playing jazz and vocal music. Int particular choral music sound devine from this amp.

If you are still or have used the Threshold S/500 to drive planar speakers chime in please. You have the experience I am looking for. My dear friend introduced me to the use of the S/300 and Classe DR-5 and I am having a great time listening ot this combination play music. The Threshold sound has captured my imagination. My Classe pre amp and Threshold power amp work very well together. However, I agree with my friend that a tube pre amp might serve me better as I look to upgrade my sound and I will continue to buy used equipment to save money.

By the way, my listening room will be 15 feet wide by 22 feet long with a 9 foot ceiling. The room is in the basement of the house with concrete floors. Finally, I don't want to have to change 8 or 10 KT88's or 6550's so I will stick with a solid state power amp and prefer the Thresholds because of their great "tube like" sound. At least that's what I hear with the S/300 and would think the S/500 would not be any different. Your opinions please.

Music Man Bob
rbwinterlink
dividebytube, 

Can you tell me more about your experience with the Magnepans and the threshold combination?

What is the difference between the S/500 optical bias and the S/500 Series II?  Did the Series II omit the optical bias?  I've also noticed a few with balanced inputs??
Optical bias followed the Series II. Balanced inputs were introduced with the e series.
Many of the Series II units were upgraded to optical bias, and some  units  were upgraded to quasi e series with balanced inputs, though unlike the true e series with their dual trannies, they were balanced inputs only and not true balanced.
I believe the input borads had to be changed when upgrading an optical bias unit to quasi "e" series.  Any sonic improvement when upgrading the optical bias to "e"?