Time For a CD Player Upgrade

I've been using a Rega Saturn Mk 2.  I recently upgraded my turntable to the Mark Levinson 5105 w/ the Ortofon Quintet Black S.  In comparison my CD's are sounding overly bright.   Any thoughts on a comparable upgrade to my CD listening?  My budget is about $4000-5000, new or used.  The Hegel Viking looks interesting.  Any recommendation for an upgrade will be appreciated. 

mellowshifi

My suggestion is to do what I did - rip all of your CDs and put the files (in FLAC of course) on a network drive that can be accessed via a streaming unit. I still have a CD player in one system but haven't used it in ages - I can audition material I may like on line from a streaming service or on my computer to see if I like it enough to acquire and rip it.  Of course I now have c. 4000 CDs in storage because I can't bring myself to toss them and selling would be a painful and long process......

Are you looking for a regular CD player, or would you be open to adding an external DAC? In that case you would continue using your Rega as a transport, feeding the DAC with a digital cable.