Time For a CD Player Upgrade

I've been using a Rega Saturn Mk 2.  I recently upgraded my turntable to the Mark Levinson 5105 w/ the Ortofon Quintet Black S.  In comparison my CD's are sounding overly bright.   Any thoughts on a comparable upgrade to my CD listening?  My budget is about $4000-5000, new or used.  The Hegel Viking looks interesting.  Any recommendation for an upgrade will be appreciated. 

mellowshifi

Last fall I paid $4200 for a clean, hardly used Marantz SA-10 cd,... player from TMR.

It has a variety of setting adjustment options that might come in handy depending upon the system it is paired with, the preferences of the user, and the hearing acuity of that user. Just another idea. Good luck in your search.

As a long time user of cd players and someone who does not care for pc audio or streaming I would advise you to choose a player from brands that are still making and service them. Than, I would look for established brands that are known for making good digital products. So, Accuphase,Ayre Burmester,Dcs, Esoteric, Meridian, Metronome.would be on my list. Unfortunately, only the Ayre is made in the Us and others cost much more than in Europe or In Asia, so the sh is probably the best option

Do not buy a typical cd player with a slot or a drawer.......I bought a TOP Loader and now I can put disc stabilizers on top of the CD and then drop the metal weight on top of the stabilizing disc which is on top of the CD....Your whole system will sound more musical....detailed but not harsh....Top loader...you'll never go back, once you experience this phenomenon............

....and you won't have to send your Marantz SACD player back 3 times to repair a drawer that just stopped working.....Like I had to.