To loom or not to loom?

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am asking for your experiences in running a complete loom of one brand of cable, experiences not opinions and conjecture please.

I have 2 systems with interconnects from DH Labs and Zavfino, Speaker cables from Zavfino and Wireworld. Power cables are a mishmosh of LessLoss (digital front end) Zavfino (tubes), SR Research SS monoblocks, all great quality cables. 

Should I look at consolidating each system to a specific brand and model of cables or is this a fool's errand? 

Again if you do not have specific experiences please refrain from posting gibberish and innuendo. 

audio_is_subjective64

So I must ask as a mfr of both tube and GaN amplification what have been your experiences and are their brands and types of cables you prefer.

@audio_is_subjective64 Because we made the first balanced line preamps and amps for home use it didn’t occur to us to not support the balanced standard. Because we do, the cable is really unimportant to the sound, because its the equipment that does the heavy lifting instead of the cables; IOW the equipment prevents the cables from having a coloration.

So we make up Mogami Neglex interconnect cables. The Mogami cables are not expensive and are a high quality cable intended for use in recording and broadcast. We put Neutrik connectors on the cables; Neutrik still makes the best XLR connectors out there. We make a balanced tonearm cable too which uses a low capacitance Mogami cable.

The balanced standard really works- I’ve put Mogami cable up against balanced ’high end audio’ cables that cost $1000.00/foot and had the Mogami come out on top.

@stereo5 thank you for your insight, you and @ghdprentice as well as Mr Ralph have me rethinking the loom theory. I am quite pleased with all my power cords and IC, though I am intrigued by the Analysis Plus line of cables. 

Many cables - signal & power - have been auditioned in my system over the years. I wasn’t convinced that a full loom was better.

That was then. Now, I’ve transitioned to a full loom of signal cabling by Synergistic Research - Atmosphere Series - upper tiers. Their approach is fairly unique. My system sounds the best it ever has.

To loom or not to loom?

An audio system needs to be fairly well tuned-up to appreciate the benefits of the upper tiers by any manufacturer.

Still, I can see holding on to any cables from another brand if they’re contributing to the quality of music.

_ _ _ _

I’m slowly transitioning to SR’s pc’s. The biggest impact has been with SR’s digital pc’s. They’re on to something. Since I stream 100%, this is a welcome addition.

My other PC’s are Transparent, Purist and Snake River Audio. They’re solid performers. No rush to replace them.

_ _ _ _

I’ve tried a LessLoss C-Marc pc and a LessLoss AES digital. Too sterile for me. YMMV

Kinda full loom…

I had all Acoustic Zen PCs and ICs. Krakatoa (preamp), Gargantua (DAC and amp), Absolute Copper Interconnects. The interconnects were the first ones in a system. 
Every time I added more AZ cables I got more of their “house” sound which is warm, inviting, lots of meat on the bone, big bass. But believe it or not, a set of Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper speaker cables that I borrowed from a friend were the straw that broke the camel’s back. It just tipped the scale so much into that warmth that the final result was the sound that was actually too dark. I didn’t like it.

Amp was Pass XA30.8. Speakers were Martin Logan Montis. 

@audio_is_subjective64 take it for what it’s worth but the bottom line is this is all components/room/synergy/preference dependent. 

@steakster Yes my milage did vary. Best power cables I have in my system are the 2 C-Marc EP in my digital front end with the LessLoss Firewire 640x on my DAC (LessLoss) and my Innuos Zenith MKIII. Using DH Labs USB and Zavfino Silver Dart Graphene Audio Interconnect (XLR) from dac to pre and pre to mono blocks. I do not have any LessLoss Interconnects. 

As I have both Digital and Analog front ends there is DH Labs and MELCO ethernet cables feeding the signal through the TeraDak T-S212, DH Labs USB feeding from Innuos to LessLoss DAC with Wyred4Sound USB ISO. Clear detailed not analytical or sterile sounding at all.  Analog is all DH Labs BL-1 phono cable and Silver Pulse cryo-treated, unshielded hybrid cable from the phono pre to my pre amp. 

I have 2 SR PC in my system but they may be the cables on the block for replacement, powering my mono blocks.