Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
Cool
How much weight can the Herzan carry?
Cost?

Self noise generated by the action of playing a record.
What do we do with this energy?
Sink it, dissipate it in the TT structure, both. 
Cheers 
It’s customary to describe six degrees of motion as follows,

The y axis (vertical direction), z axis (first horizontal direction), x axis (second horizontal direction), plus three rotational directions, rock, roll and twist, around the x, z and y axes, respectively. (There is actually an infinite number of directions in the horizontal plane.) Let’s twist again like we did last summer! 🕺🏻 Think of seismic type forces moving the component like a wave passing under a boat out on the ocean.
Geoff, Enough already with the seismic forces. Have you figured out that no one is listening?
Hey, lewm - Blow it out your bagpipes, dude! See if anyone listens to that. 

lewm"Geoff, Enough already with the seismic forces. Have you figured out that no one is listening?"

Everyone is free to post hear within the rules established by the forum it is not for you to limit, restrict, or discourage any poster or contributor from writing, sharing, or contributing his thoughts to this group. You're objections to Geoff can be forwarded to the moderators who monitor, control, and supervise the forums and who in they're independent judgement, analysis and assessment will decide the proper response to you're concerns.