Tonearm recommendation

Hello all,
Recently procured a Feickert Blackbird w/ the Jelco 12 inch tonearm.
The table is really good, and its a keeper. The Jelco is also very good, but not as good as my Fidelity Research FR66s. So the Jelco will eventually hit Ebay, and the question remains do I keep the FR66s or sell that and buy something modern in the 5-6 K range. My only point of reference is my old JMW-10 on my Aries MK1, so I don't know how the FR66s would compare to a modern arm. So I'd like to rely on the collective knowledge and experience of this group for a recommendation.

Keep the FR66s, or go modern in the 5-6K range, say a Moerch DP8 or maybe an SME.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are of course much appreciated.

Cheers,      Crazy Bill
wrm0325
Dear lewm: """  with the arm mounted according to factory instruction   """

What I'm saying to you and dover is to use Baerwald/Löfgren alignment according the " numbers " calculated in those alignments: offset angle, overhang and P2S, what must stay the same is the 505 effective length.

You did not changed the P2S and that's one of the main problem with those distortions you mentioned.
I know that's a pain in the ass to change ( in any tonearm. ) the P2S each time we want to change the alignment but if we choose ( example ) B/L alignments and we want to stay with the same distoertion levels then we have to mount the tonearm and cartridge according to those alignment calculations if not then distortions goes higher as you experienced.

Anyway, only to clarify my opinion .

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
analogluvr

" ... And with regards to rauls comments about the ET's bass, if it is set up properly there is no lack of low frequency information. In fact there is hardly any added extra resonances which I know raul is a huge fan of. Sometimes that may sound like less bass."

Agreed, absolutely! It's not uncommon to confuse excessive arm resonance with extra bass response. 
chakster, would you consider a moderately priced new arm of good quality?  If so I might suggest one of the Jelco models.

Also there are used versions made by Jelco for other brands, such as Audioquest, Sumiko Premier, and Ortofon.  I owned a Premier FT-3 arm some years ago and found it to be a very competent performer.  

Jelco also continues to build arms which a number of manufacturers offer new with their turntables.

Post removed