Tonearm recommendation

Hello all,
Recently procured a Feickert Blackbird w/ the Jelco 12 inch tonearm.
The table is really good, and its a keeper. The Jelco is also very good, but not as good as my Fidelity Research FR66s. So the Jelco will eventually hit Ebay, and the question remains do I keep the FR66s or sell that and buy something modern in the 5-6 K range. My only point of reference is my old JMW-10 on my Aries MK1, so I don't know how the FR66s would compare to a modern arm. So I'd like to rely on the collective knowledge and experience of this group for a recommendation.

Keep the FR66s, or go modern in the 5-6K range, say a Moerch DP8 or maybe an SME.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are of course much appreciated.

Cheers,      Crazy Bill
wrm0325
chakster, would you consider a moderately priced new arm of good quality?  If so I might suggest one of the Jelco models.

Also there are used versions made by Jelco for other brands, such as Audioquest, Sumiko Premier, and Ortofon.  I owned a Premier FT-3 arm some years ago and found it to be a very competent performer.  

Jelco also continues to build arms which a number of manufacturers offer new with their turntables.

Post removed 
Fleib,
Factory nulls for the Dynavector arms are
Inner 60.1mm    Outer 116.5mm ( VE is wrong )
Dynavector state that their arm geometry is set for minimum lateral tracking angle error at the inner groove. Tracking angle error for Dynavectors using standard Dynavector alignment is 0degree at inner band of record and +2.2degrees at outside.
They do not specify which record they use as a reference so inner band could mean anything.

Lewm - Fyi my 501 has the DV7A arm base which allows for metal arm boards - the DV7A uses a single through hole collet and bolt under the arm board. This base provides a much more rigid coupling to the arm board than the the traditional screw in arm base used in the 505 that only has a top plate and screws. I suspect this was also a factor in the designer of the Final Audio VTT1 rejecting the 505 in favour of the 501.

Dear analogluvr: """  there is no lack of low frequency information. """

I would like ask: compared against which other tonearms and with which cartridges and in which audio systems? did you compare it against the same digital tracks in a digital player using at least 24 bits/192 DACs?

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

Dover,

Stevenson - 60.325, 117.42mm
Baerwald - 66.0, 117.42mm
Loefgren(B) - 70.3, 116.6mm

Dynavector - 60.1, 116.5  Notice anything unusual?

Alignment is defined by a standard, not a test record. Inner null is standard lead-out groove. Even if you use IEC (or whatever it is) the numbers are very close and the relationship between inner and outer null is the same, only moved slightly, just as UNI nulls are Loefgren B moved in 5mm, with a variance of 0.1mm.between the nulls.

It seems to me, the suggestion to align to Stevenson is ill conceived. Further demands to change to one of the Loefgren alignments by changing mounting distance, is bizarre.

I've already posted this information and I have to agree with Lewm, life is too short.

Regards,