Tranfiguration Orpheus description

This is the first detailed description I've seen of the new Transfiguration Orpheus:

http://hifi.com.sg/products/cartridge/transfiguration/orpheus.htm

Anyone run across other info?

128x128nsgarch
Yes Neil but the burning question is, did it make Class A? Or is it in the minority of SP tested products?
:-)
A, schmAy, whatever (and BTW, how come SP never tested a ZYX cart?) Here's a copy of an email I just sent my friend Tim:

I've not heard an Orpheus, but I love everything about my W,
and it does things all the things M. Fremer apparently forgot from his review of the W in June 2003 (which I have right here!)

As far as I can tell, he's a shameless dilettante like Jonathan Scull, (fraud alert!) and knows nothing about setting up a product for proper evaluation. My scientific background demands that rigorous experimental procedures be followed before any kind of critical listening can take place -- and that requires a lot more than just throwing a new out-of-the box cartridge into a $100K TT/TA.

I'm glad for the reviews and comments by the people on Audiogon. Even when somewhat biased towards a person's pet product, at least they come from real-world experience over a period of time. And if one has a question, the authors are quick and candid in their response. And it's free!

People like Fremer and Scull, are prose writers whose theme happens to be audio. They have no training in physics, acoustics, electrical engineering, or any of the other disciplines required to produce or evaluate audio equipment. They could just as easily (and unproductively) be writing about cars, or model trains. Who cares. . . . . . .
BTW, how come SP never tested a ZYX cart?
Presumably because Mehran listened to your good advice! ;-)

ZYX doesn't advertise, so sending SP a review sample might be asking for death-by-faint-praise. Not that I'm implying anything...

BTW, can't we have one thread about a Tranny without you dragging ZYX into it again? You're fixated! <8~)
Doug, my point which I'm sure you understood, was that Fremer drew comparisons to Dynavector and Lyra without talking about maybe two or three other cartridges (ZYX being one) that should certainly be included in that group. Not that I felt his characterizations of the XV-1s or Titan-i probably count for anything anyway ;--)