TT upgrade advice?

Hello. I am looking for some advice about my current turntable. Right now I have a Pioneer PL-514 table with a Shure M97xe cart. I got it from a friend whose father has been storing it for many years. I took it apart, cleaned & lubed, set it all up & it sounds awesome. I'm officially hooked on vinyl.

Problem is though, I know vinyl can sound better. So my question is, if i only had $800-1000 to spend on a table/cart/arm, what would be ideal for that price range? Upgrade the cart & arm on my current table or start with a new one altogether?

The rest of my system is a Jolida 502B integrated amp, Jolida JD9 phono, & Klipsch RF52 speakers. Thanks for your input & advice!
geoffj85
I suggest a used Denon 47F paired with a Denon 103 cartridge. Cost could be about $600. Initially I would move the m97 over to this unit, if your pleased skip the 103. Do not buy any 47F unless you can do a pickup of the unit. Shipping will give you grief. This gives you the opportunity to check out its operation. I use that table as a second table, a VPI is my first unit, and it has a $2K cartridge. Believe me, you will be pleased as the comparison of my two tables often is equal in sound.
I'd consider the Rega RP-3 and a Bias MKII Cart. those total 1065.00 but just about any dealer will drop at least 10% to make a customer.
Thanks for the info! I prefer the look of the older tables compared to the regas/music halls etc. I like my pioneer, I'm just really hooked on vinyl & would like to get the best performance possible within my budget. How would that table compare to say an older technics 1200 or other vintage table in that range?