tying in yamaharxv-665w/adcomgfa555as 2 channel

originaly had the yammi w/ klipsch h/t set up. All worked well but when bumping up the sound things got hot and decided to go back in time w/ 2 channel system. I got an Adcom gfa665 beast 220w and some infinitys for the time being. Trouble is yamaha has locked out and I have no volume control or other functions for that matter.I asked Yammi about 50 times if this was possible and now they say I MIGHT NEED seperate pre-amp w/ controls. Clearly not an audiophile here , but could use some advice on resolving this .
lewdworet
I would assume (I know ass U me) he means that he cannot get the preamp of the pre pro to transmit a signal through the control functions. So when he attaches his source and his outputs to the power amp, the "Yammi" will not respond to the controls.
let me up date you guys on my trip down 2channel way. As before I said I had a Yamaha665a/v amp w/ Klipsch all around. Now a got an Adcomgfa555 200w/c beast w/ some Infinitys' I got really cheap. Anyway Yamaha claimed I could use it as a pre-amp for the Adcom, but no the amp needed it's own controls. After asking about 35 engineers at Yamaha who said it was possible, you can see I was mighty pissed. Not as bad as going to a bad DEAD SHOW Abut mad.Anyway while garage sail surfing I found an Onkyo pre-amp that solved all my problems. Now I have H/T when called for and THEN I HAVE THE BEAST , AXIS BOLD AS LOVE never sounded so good. Oh yea ABRAXAS wasn't bad either. Sorry but this is my first foray into the better listening world, DARK SIDE on headphones no more. GO goof all you want I have the BEAST. LEW D
I believe you were doing something wrong still. You have to make sure to connect to the pre outs on the Yamaha and not the multi-channel inputs. It's an easy mistake.
to Rwwear, BELIEVE ME i TRIED THE PRE-OUTS ON THE Yamaha, and I GOT SOUND , sound enough so I thought I blew the Infinitys. Luckally I shut it down in time and again called Yamaha who clearly stated yes we have a zone2 which I used earlier before I got the adcom. After much debate and testyness it comes out that if you want to control the Adcom it should have volume controls. This whole deal was so I didn't have to get another pre-amp as cheap as it was. So yes I tried the pre-out jacks but it does not work.
Are you saying you used the multichannel outs not the zone two outs and you had no volume adjustment?