Upgrade from DeVore Gibbon X

I have happily owned these speakers for about 6 years now; during this time I have patiently upgraded my front end, with the Gibbons successfully conveying each upgrade.  While I am very happy with my current system, I am now wondering if a speaker upgrade is in order.  I am interested in some input from anyone who has upgraded from the Gibbon X or someone who has had significant time comparing these speakers to other offerings.  Wilson Sasha DAWS? Magico? I am running an all VAC front end (100W/ch) in a 17 X 19 room.

post2338

What specific improvements and sound characteristics are you looking for?  Also, what’s your budget and are you looking for new or used?

op  I worked with john Devore and heard these speakers for many  years 

so i am very familiar with them.

Dave and Troy

audio intellect NJ

I am looking in the pre-owned market up to 25K (hopefully less) which I believe gives me sufficient room for an upgrade.  As far as sound characteristics, I definitely want the usual wide and deep soundstage, refinement, detail without grain or ear bleeding, dynamic, decent speed, tight bass with slam, and vocals to die for.  I feel like my Gibbons do well in many of these areas, which is why I have stayed with them for the past 6 years.  I am interested in speakers that can be considered an upgrade in some/many of these areas, vice a lateral move.

Get a pair of Borresen X6 and observe what the gibbon has denied you all these years...or even try the cheaper Borresen X3 (cheaper than your Gibbon) and it will make you wonder how/why on earth you paid 12k for the gibby.

What does Kevin Hayes say when asked which speakers mate best with his gear? VAC and Vandersteen seem to show together frequently.

I have heard the X but I have not had the pleasure of experiencing your VAC amps(but Ive owned a few VAC amps over the years). Certainly the Devore O20/OBronze would be an upgrade although the presentation is quite different from the X.