Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Wow wow wow, great !!!

All of you have both given great hope to get my TT running.
Photography is very useful to understand a few things, on the internet there is no image of the TT-101’s engine content even on Japanese forums.
This is the first picture of the inside of the engine I see.

If it does work, it’s my wish to check and clean the pivot and bearing assembly to get some new oil, but I prefer to take a step at a time.

Many many many thanks to all the advice, I will keep you up to date on developments.

many thanks, very useful to figure out what’s inside.

did you have to disassemble the whole engine part by piece?
Yes.  Someone had been in that motor and broken a coil wire and damaged the bearing, all of which I had to repair. 
I am going to guess that you replaced the wire that was broken with that thin gauge green insulated wire, seen in the last photo at about 7 o'clock on the face of the PCB.