Vintage speaker suggestions

Set up: 2 McIntosh Mc2120 solid state amps, C-26 pre amp, and MAC-1700 receiver.  Not changing any components other than speakers.  I have a pair of Pioneer CS 99-As and 2 pairs of Original Large Advents, neither sounded bad, but I think I could do better.  Trying to spend around 1000 or less and keep it from the same era more or less. 
bharvey124
fond memories come back when thinking about the original (wonderful) epos es14 and celestion sl6 - had them in college and working just after

they had the metal dome tweeters that could ring a plenty (was awful when the first cdp’s came out) but with a good record player - i remember my micro seiki dd40 with a sonus blue and microacoustic cart - the slightly rolled off vinyl sounded very sweet, very right with those tweets, and the midrange was just lovely!
I have fond memories of my old Fischer xp95c speakers I bought at venture in 1982, big a$$ 15’’ woofer, 2 x 5’’ cloth mid, 3’’ cloth tweeter and tone controls on the front. $250 in texas dollars would probably translate $1500 now.