Vinyl Record Cafe's

The other day I was in the SF Bay Area (Vallejo CA) and walked into a Cafe there called Nathan's and they have a public turntable for people to bring in their own records while sipping coffee or tea.

It was a big hit and everyone loved it.

I got into a discussion with a younger patron who didn't know why it sounded good. What do you tell people who are interested in analog.. why it's better etc?
astralography
Great way to go, as long as there is some music they're familiar with. If they're 20 some things, it's a tough call.
I am not sure that a noisy cafe is the best place to hear the benefits of vinyl. IMHO, the novelty is the customer's ability to play their own music.

A better method would be to have a blue tooth capable player to allow customers to stream music directly from their smart phone. I for one wouldn't want to bring my prized vinyl to be played on a "cafe" turntable of unknown setup and cartridge condition.
"03-11-15: Czarivey
I prefer to play my records home in my equipment I trust.
I'd rather go live concert than going to cafe and listen to some punk rock on vinyl.
Czarivey (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

Well its a good thing he's not using your records.
Check out the TT and cart they're using and bring your back-up vinyl. (clean the pops out of them or you'll really have some splaining to do).

"what are those noises? my ipod doesn't do that"