VPI Classic - Now you have one......

For all who have had the Classic for a while now...what's it like to live with and is it what you expected it to be or more/ less?
robm1
No cure, they said that it happened with the LO Grado Statement cartridges, and said they didn't have a cure right now, but they were working on it. They did say it was the platter.

Really, somehow, it doesn't bother me that much. It's only noticable on very high volumes. But really the cartridge does sound stellar.
So it's done; I ordered a Classic with my dealer and the worst part of the process has begun--waiting. I got the black finish and the Valhalla wiring.
I must say the pictures do not give this turntable justice. When I walked into my dealer's today, they had just assembled a black Classic with Valhalla and Dyna 20X cartridge for a customer who had been waiting for his since January. (It must have been a sign!)It looked so much better than in pictures. The finish was exquisite and the table was so imposing with its heft and massive platter. Absolutely amazing. I think the black finish especially makes it beautiful.
My only concern at this point is my current MI cart that's 6.8 grams and has a compliance of 22. I intend to upgrade to Lyra Delos in the near future but my Soundsmith Aida will have to do the job for a while. I hope it has a good synergy with the Classic tonearm.
Actusreus...i plugged in the specs for your Aida cart (6.8g cart mass and 22 cart compliance) with the JMW10.5SE tonearm mass of 12.3g and you get a resonant frequency of 7.76Hz which is right below the 8-12Hz recommended region. As per VPI website the ideal combination for the Classic's 10.5SE tonearm are carts with mass in the 7-11 grams range and compliance in the 11-16 range. The Delos @ 7.3g and compliance of 12 would fit very nicely with the 10.5SE tonearm, yielding a resonant frequency of 10.37Hz. Good luck and let us know how you are making out.
Thank you Cmalak for your feedback. I actually contacted VPI a while back and Mike told me the effective mass of the JMW-10i SE is 11.2 grams. But then it seems that others were told the mass is anywhere from 11.6 to 12.3 grams so go figure. With an effective mass of 11.2, the resonant frequency I get is 7.9 so it's not completely bad, but doubtless the Delos would be a better match.
I'll keep you guys posted on my impressions and progress.
Actusreus...I hear you. As you say there has been a range of estimates. Maybe it's because some people have put the traditional 10.5i (with Valhalla wiring and VTA tower) on their Classic (I am assuming this is the 12.3grams) and others have put the 10.5SE (which is the tonearm that comes standard with the Classic without the VTA tower and Valhalla wiring). It's kind of frustrating that VPI does not put the specs on their website for their products. Just as a clarification, so you wired the 10.5SE tonearm with Valhalla wiring but did not get the VTA tower? Is that correct? If so, can you tell us what the upcharge was for the Valhalla wiring? Thx and looking forward to your impressions once you have the table up and running and all is settled in. Congrats.