What do you think about Magnepans 3.6R for me

I am considering new speakers. I am thinking of getting a pair of Magnepan 3.6R. Will the speakers fit my equipment and room? I have a music room 28 x 16 for half and 28 x 22 for the other half. This room opens into a hallway on one side and two double doors on the other side.
My equipment is as follows:
1. Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SSE
2. Sonic Frontiers Power 3 with KT88 tubes
3: Mark Levinson 36s
4. Marl Levinson 37
5. Audioquest Diamond x3 balanced interconnects
6. Audioquest Diamond Dragon speaker cables bi wired
Will I have enough power for the speakers in my size room? Will my Audioquest interconnects have good sound with this setup? The Audioquest interconnects to the amps are about 6 or 7 meters long. I would hate to replace them. I heard these speakers several years ago with ARC equipment in a small room. I liked the sound and I think I would like to own them for a while to play old blues and jazz. I assume I just change the Power 3s over to 4 ohms to use the Magnepans and not use the 8ohms configuration?
I currently have old B&W 801s. I have had them a long time and need a change. I like the sound but want a change.
coxhaus
I think the 3.6s will probably sound great in a room that size - they need room to breathe. (At least, my 3.5s needed more room than I could provide). The Power 3/Line 3 SE is a terrific combo, but as others have noted you might need more power for high SPL. If you're willing to consider replacing the amp (should that prove necessary) or adding subwoofers to relieve the Power3 of the heaviest lifting, I'd be inclined try it before concluding that it won't work.

Good Luck

Marty
agreed that the room size for the 3.6 is great, especially if they can be put out into the room 5-7 feet.

I used to have the 1.6 Maggie with a Rogue 120M amp (120 watt 6550 monoblock) and it had terrific tone but was not very lively, it just kind of sat there, compared to the SS amps I compared it to.
I'm amazed that you've been able to power b&w 801's with tube amp(s), in that large a room, & have been happy with the combo. Even mono-blocs w/eight 6550C output tubes per side, is that correct?

IMO, you need to use big SS amps in a room that large, with either b&w 801's, or maggies. Or even in a smaller room. OR: get tube-friendly speakers..... nothing wrong with keeping the tube amps & getting speakers that match well....

(From someone who learned the hard way trying to power b&w M802's with tube amps.....)
I have the older 801s. My mono-blocs have KT88 tubes instead of the 6550C tubes. The KT88 add about 15 to 20 percent more power. The 8 ohm power is around 285 watts with the KT88s. The 801 were very boomy for 2 weeks while I figured out how to adjust the speakers. The back of the speakers are 3 feet out from the wall and the front of the speakers are 5 feet out from the wall. The speakers have almost 8 feet between them. There is about 4 feet on each side to the wall. I live in an old house with wood floors on peer and beam. There is not a slab of concrete under me.
if you like the 801's the Maggies MAY not be your cup of tea ... certainly will not move air the way the 801's do. Both the 3.6's and 801's are classics but VERY different speakers. Not sure the 3.6 would be an upgrade per se. Different, yes but not necessarily a "better" speaker. If you have the $$$, buy the 3.6 but don't sell the 801's til you decide if they are for you!