What is your "holy grail song" that you cannot find?

For me, that song is a live version of "Chest Fever" by Humble Pie. My guess is that it's a vinyl bootleg that is virtually impossible to find. So, if anyone knows anything about this recording, please provide some details. In the meantime, maybe one of us knows something about a rare song and/or recording that some of you are looking for. 

mitchagain

I was at a Jethro Tull concert in 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio. A time when Martin Barre was still with the band. They did an instrumental version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Kashmir’ that was lights out. I know there is not a studio version that Ian has done but there could be a boot of the concert floating around. An astounding version and really off the wall for them. Fond memory.

Sorry, more than just one song.

I wish someone would remaster, "Every Picture Tells A Story" from the original sessions tapes.

After all these years such a great album, but stills sounds like it was recorded inside a garbage can.

ozzy

@ozzy , check out the website for Culture Factory Records. Around 10 years ago they released remastered CD's of the first 4 Rod Stewart solo albums. I have all 4 of them and they sound very good (96 Kz - 24 bit). An extra bonus is that they use a cardboard sleeve to recreate the look and feel of the original vinyl album cover. Some of the other artists included in this series of remastered CD's include Rare Earth, Wishbone Ash and Walter Egan ("Not Shy").

The Walter Egan album comes from the same time period as "Bombs Away Dream Babies" by John Stewart (previously mentioned in this thread by Rocky Santoro), where it seems everything that Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks touched turned to "gold."

I'd love to get my hands on Billy Joel's live cover of Take This Job And Shove It.

for