What is your take on Def Tech XTR60's?

I just purchased 3 XTR60's for my front, center and left speakers. They joined my Mythos Gems for left and right surrounds and all are hooked up to my Denon AVR 590 Reciever. I have a lame Boston Acoustic Best Buy sub that will get kicked to the curb for a SC Reference sooner rather than later.

So far Im impressed with the clarity and sound from the XTR60's. Bought it because I heard such good reviews from other sites. However Im curious to know what hardcore audiophiles think of them and what would they consider an upgrade to these speakers for music or HT.
128x128snakebitten
Audiofreak, those Pro 2000's do not sound like XTR60's or my BP2004's for that matter.

So far as I know they were designed to be a low end model from Def tech. But if you haven't powered them properly I don't see why you are even commenting. To evaluate a speaker, from the cheapest to best, you need to learn to match gear.

In that direction I also own a pair of Martin Logan Motion 4's with a Dynamo sub. Cheap stuff for my upstairs TV and music. With a Denon receiver the sound is fair at best and not very musical. But switch over to the little Jolida tube amp and the system sings.

Robert
I am using Sonus Faber Cremona towers, LINN Akurate DS, a pair of REL Storm III subs and Primaluna tube monoblocks, along with Audioquest speaker cables, LeeLoss powercords and Nordost IC's for my music system. I care much less about the theater system and put way more of my money into my music system. This is why I have a Denon receiver and the three DefTech centers. I bought the Denon from a guy for $90 (he paid over $1,200 originally when new) because he was too dumb to realize that the newer Denon he bought that had HDMI switching will likely sound worse than the one he was selling to me - all to get HDMI switching (stupid), just hook the HDMI direct into the TV. The three DefTech ProCenter 2000's were free from a friend. And then I use a PS3 for DVD, games and bluray. I would never seriously listen to music on this mediocre system.... this is why I have a separate music system. My point is this: Definitive makes a decent overall speaker, mostly competent for THEATER setups, NOT FOR MUSIC.
Audiofreak how can you come to the conclusion that DT doesn't make speakers for music when all you have experience with is their lowend "THEATER" speakers? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Thats like me buying a low end video card from nVidia thats not for gaming and then pronouncing to the world that nVidia is not the company to buy from for serious gaming.

You should have said the Pro 2000 aren't for music instead of saying across the board that DT speakers aren't for music. You dont have the experience to say that and be taken seriously just by virtue of what you revealed about your setup and equipment.
Actually.... I have heard many DT speakers... they are not very good MUSIC speakers.... they are just fine for HOME THEATER. That is how I came to that conclusion.
Audiofreak this is the internet and anyone can say anything. All I can go by is what you wrote. You started out by saying this:

"I own Def Techs for theater setup... I have never heard any sound good enough for dedicated 2-ch music." This was specific and you refered to your Pro 2000's. If you had experience with other DT's you would have said so initially imho.

Now your are saying "Ive heard many DT speakers...etc" in your last post, when I took you to task about your "expertise" in DT's. Especially when we consider what you are driving your low-end Theater speakers with.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my opinion that you are not a good source for an educated/constructive critique on DT's. But thanks for your reply.

I will upgrade these XTR's in the future to be sure. But Im going to give them a chance with the right equipment before I do. Im still learning.