What's good used 5.1pre/pro for $1500 or less

Hi there,

This is my first posting here. Currently,my simple system is following,

Acurus ACT-3
Carver TFM-25
Mega Sony CD changer
Maggie 1.6
Cardas twinlink

My plan is to upgrade both my pre/pro and amp.

I am going to get an used classe amp but not sure wich pre-pro will provide worthy step up (from Act-3) and synergies going forward. My proiorty is 70/30 between music/HT. Some of the gear I see on the used market are, Encore, Classe25/30, Proceed. Any suggesstion is welcome. Thanks.
ddl24
If you want something really amazing and cheap, consider the Proceed PAV/PDSD combo, they went for $10K new, and sell now for ~1500 used. They are built like tanks and sound far better than the AVP they came out with later.... I won't say anything bad about EAD (considering an 8800 pro myself) but yopu will only be getting the significantly older stuff for $1500 and they weren't so user friendly then....
Kennyt:

Agree that the PAV/PDSD was a great unit...but it is significantly dated at this point....but for $1500 would still be a great deal.

In terms of EAD...of course for $1500 he's not going to get the latest. But an Ovation8 or 8000 or 8000pro is a great unit and I didn't find it difficult to operate at all.

Bottom line: If one knows what they are doing these days they can set up an awesome theater with older equipment like Proceed or EAD.

Regards,
Harry
I like the encore...but if you could stretch for an Ovation.....it has better DACS. But the encore was a VERY solid performer.
Find yourself a Meridian processor and you will never regret the purchase. I have found none to be more musical and the home theatre performance is outstanding.