What's your latest "Discovery"

You know when you buy a new album and it just clicks?! And then you have to play it rather frequently in the mix over and over for the next several days....What's the last album's you bought that really clicked for you?

I just picked up a Jazz trio album that is just a wonderful recording and performance:

It's called "Achirana" on ECM (that label seems to have a lot of great discs!). Vassilis Tsabroplulos, Piano. Arild Andersen, Double-Bass. John Marshall, Drums. Love the 5th cut! That double bass is right there in the room!

Also been enjoying a new classical guitar disc: Julian Bream, "The Ultimate Guitar Collection" on BMG. Great double-disc set. Not that crazy about the recording on this one, but the performance and breadth of the tapestry of work on those two CD's is remarkable.

Any new "discoveries" to share?
jax2
The Waifs - up all night, I had heard some other cuts before but did not care for them too much but I loved the many of the songs on this cd. The female vocals were very moving and the instrumentation was very good.

Susan Tedeschi - just won't burn, I can not believe this was her debut, it rocked liked crazy and her voice was unbelievable, and on one track I thought I was listening to Janis singing.
I recently bought a couple Blue Note ,RVG titles that are very good,,The Horace Silver Quintet"Song for my Father"and Sonny Clark"Cool Struttin"
"Jubilee" -- Harry Manx & Kevin Breit

An eclectic blend of blues, jazz, and folk; I bought it after hearing "Diving Duck Blues", then found myself playing the whole album over and over... heck, I thought I'd like their version of "Voodoo Chile", but never thought I'd like "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues"!!!
For classical buffs, and for any who would just like an outstandingly beautiful, and very assessible violin concerto. Annie-Sophie Mutter performing Korngold's VC w/her husband Andre Previn conducting the LSO on DG. The ONLY criticism I have is that the Mutter's violin is very closely miked, but her tone is so beautiful who cares! The Tchaikovsky VC is different than the norm, not my fav. But the Korngold is now my favorite version. Very highly recommended.
Raytheprinter,

Sonny Clark's "Cool Struttin" is a fantastic album and beautifully engineered by TVG. I have the Japanese pressed vinyl and whenever I listen to it, it never fails to lift my spirits.

Happy Listening!