What Sensitivity with Tube Components?

Hey,
I am interested in upgrading from 100 watt Solid State to Tube components. I've been told that my 89db (sensitivity) B&W speakers will not work all that well with tubes and that at best, speakers should have at least a 90-91db sensitivity to used with tubes.
Any comments or suggestions regarding this question? Thanks.
wcc10
Yup, that is the message I'm getting. Makes total sense and I'm glad I posted before I took the plunge into tube amplification. I've had these B&W speakers for about 1 year and I always intended to "upgrade" at some point. This discussion has shown me that upgrading my speakers with a view toward going over to tube amplification requires serious homework before making that switch. It also shows me that where I buy is as important as what I buy. If the guy selling me the gear has no clue about what he is selling then chances are I will end up not being happy.
Mcintosh MC275 MK6 - B&W CM6 S2 don't match up very well as proved to me first hand.

An update; I did try the Bi-Wire set up with my speakers & Amp. With the Impedance switch set to Low and using two sets of 12 GA cables there was a bit more "oomph" but also seemed to be a bit of distortion again in mid-range. Switching back to impedance setting High cleaned up the distortion and sounded more like the cables single end at the amp and Bi-Wire at the speakers. I was using two different brand of cables so that must be taken into consideration but I could not justify using 2 cables as there was not a great deal of improvement. Speaker placement is highly important and I guess right now I'm going to have to be satisfied with what I have. Which is not all that bad considering.
Thanks to all for the help!