What would you buy

I am a tube lover. I currently have a Rogue Chronus Magnum and Vandys 2 sig E. I'm thinking upgrading my system. I believe I can get 1K for the Rogue and add 5K for a total of 6K available to spend. planning to keep the Vandys but I feel that my taste desires a little more bass than what I'm getting now. Vandys are great in the mids , voices etc but it lacks some deep bass. The Rogue doesn't have an output for a sub woofer. Musical taste is classic rock, jazz and blues. Here is the question with 6K to spend in amp/pre, integrated or mono/amp, what would you buy?
128x128lobinero
Tube amp sound is dominated by the output transformers- Roger Modjeski hand wound his own. The RM-9 used the Vandersteen 2 in development. An excellent match w and Vandersteen @clio this forum can connect you with what remains of Music Reference inventory.

as for efficiency, so often higher output is just trash - out of phase junk that counts as output.
Thank God we have millercarbon here to school all of us Audio no-nothings. Over 50+ years in the hobby and I still don’t know as much as him!   I am surprised there wasn’t a link to his system again.

stereo5
"
Thank God we have millercarbon here to school all of We Audio no-nothings.  Over 50+ years in the hobby and still don’t know as much as him."

It has been said that "It is never too late to learn" but please know and understand that millercarbon is often outright wrong about many of the "facts", claims, and advise he distributes here.
Also no matter which transformers coupled amp you choose do experiments with light loading the output transformers- so for example I use the 2 ohm tap on my RM-9 with Vandersteen Treo to great effect and keeps the amp in class A longer - the test is listening and light loading IF your levels can keep you out of clipping.

Roger M wrote extensively this and many related subjects- a search will reveal a lot of free wisdom- RIP Roger
To the OP - a couple of questions re bass and positioning of your 2’s in room.

how far from back wall ? Do you have SPL meter ? Can you download and play Vandertones ( via Vandersteen website ) thru your system. What is your reference track for bass ? Willing to help you get it dialed in :-)

best
jim