Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues. This, as it turns out, is now a somewhat rare and collectible album. Recorded live at the Scholar Coffeehouse in Minneapolis Minnesota in 1969. Picked it up cheap used in the mid-70’s. It’s now worth 15-20+x what I paid for it, and still in great shape.

Oblivion Record Company 1969.
The comparison between The Cars "S/T" lps (domestic pre-barcode & MFSL) are interesting..........

The MFSL version was, on side one, too clean. The lp overall has a slightly wider soundstage. Side two...I noticed a slight haze/film in the musical presentation. This records really seems disjointed and didn’t move me. It is tiring to listen to.

The domestic immediately was more to my liking. It has more (soul). The soundstage is slightly narrower, not a deal breaker, but the ability of it’s overall cohesiveness, to draw one in, wins the day. Interestingly, side two was a little hotter, the exact opposite of the MFSL version. Had to turn the volume down a little. Still it has the "soul" I love with vinyl playback.

The MFSL is going to ebay.
That last had me wanting more Leo...

Leo Kottke - The Best. Two album set. Not sure what I’ll play, or maybe all of it. Starting with the ‘singing’ side 4. Capitol 1978
Very interesting Slaw.
I have most of the Cars output on original vinyl, no MFSL, but been a while since I listened to the S/T one.

Escape from Ohio ongoing right now!
Be home about 11pm hopefully.
Might just have to fire up the rig before bed......
Severe withdrawal symptoms!