Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I mean, there is just something about The message (emotional transfer) of a song delivered by the maker of it.  “The Crossing” is very much one of those Experiences.   
+1

I saw AE in a small local club a couple years ago. He’s such a wonderful artist. (I’m getting chills writing this) Down to earth, no pretence,REAL!

FWIW, did you know Sheila E is a relative?
So what if the songs on “The Crossing” could be covered by a young Linda Ronstadt?  Might be a great collaboration.   Half the world wood swoon over them and the message would be delivered with Seductive strength but it wouldn’t be, well, as authentic as sung by the guy with the lesser voice who wrote them.  
There are a lot of covers vs. originals arguments of course. This is nothing new.
+1 slaw on “real”. Human. Authentic. Weight.
————————-

Crooked Still
Shaken By A Low Sound
Signature Sounds 2006/2018

I am both shaken and stirred by the young Aoife.

Greg Liszt, the force behind this band is a fantastic and extremely innovative banjo player genius guy. College Science professor who quit to play music. Seriously, check out The Deadly Gentleman, his last band (he’s recently disbanded it return to teaching but now teaching banjo at Berklee). Deadly Gentlemen are bluegrass formation playing rock, rap, punk, fun stuff.