Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@tomic601, if you want to hear Evan in a different setting, he joined the Austin band The Leroi Brothers for one album---Lucky Lucky Me. I found a sealed copy on Discogs for ten bucks, where currently there are a bunch of Mint copies for even less.

Mike Buck, who was the original drummer in The Fabulous Thunderbirds, drums on all the Leroi Brothers’ albums. He and I met when he was working with Ted Roddy, and they and my band shared the stage at a now-closed Blues club in Long Beach (don’t recall the name). We couldn’t believe it when we saw each other’s drumsets---identical 1960’s Ludwigs! Champagne Sparkle 22/16/13, with a chrome over brass snare drum. He suggested we set up just one and both play on it, but I’m a lefty.

Small world: Mike drummed on one album with Evan, as did I. Then we cross paths in Long Beach, CA. But at that point in time his stint with Evan was in the past, mine lay ahead in the future. Who knew?! Mike is now part owner of Antone’s Record Store. Hey, maybe they have a copy of Lucky Lucky Me! ;-)

Eric I love your stories - you could write a great book :-) 

I will look for that album
Regarding @tomic601's impression of his pressing of After The Goldrush, what is a good copy of that album to look for? How about the Harvest album? Somewhere along the line I got rid of my originals, wanna get the best sounding LP versions available (even if out-of-print). I guess I should head over the Steve Hoffman Forums, ay?