Why are people paying these stupid tube prices?

Just ordered a set of 4 KT150 power tubes for $139.00 each yes it is more than a year ago but $350.00 each $1400.00 for a quad. 

Simply crazy dude. 

www.tubestore.com

128x128music_is_life

TubeDepot isn’t presently selling the TS KT150 - look at the specific page

I may be wrong but I don't think Psvane or Linlai make KT150s

Post removed 

Been loving SS since 1965! I’m still enamored by those SS devices. Tube heads are boobheads. 

Tubes: A fool’s errand!

The manufacturer New Sensor / Electro Harmonix sells the tubes on their own online store. Their prices have increased drastically in the past month or 2. Take a gander - KT120 for $150 each. Gold Lion KT88 $170 each. You can imagine the KT150 and 170 prices. Between double and triple the previous "usual" prices, across the board. That may or may not be indicative of prices going forward. But in a worst case scenario, those are the "new" tube prices, and any onshore vendors selling for anything less than that are simply burning through existing stock on hand.

In a better case scenario, these are just temporary price spikes intended to keep hoarders from wiping out existing stocks before we get a better picture for the long-term prospects of Russian manufacturing.

The only place Iam willing to pay is Grant Fidelity, some tube dealers they just recycled.Be careful, and don’t panic.