Why haven't we heard more about HR-X???

The VPI HR-X has been out now over a year and no real reviews, reports or comments here or in the mags?? I wonder why?? Can anyone chime in?
rwd
My guess is this is the result of specific decisions by the managers of VPI.

First, there aren't too many HR-Xs around to make it easy to send one out to review. The first production run consisted of twenty-five units, all spoken for early on. The second run was another twenty-five, and there was no problem selling them out either. VPI is well regarded and is able to sell out HR-Xs through its dealers' recommendations and word of mouth.

Second, VPI has been concentrating as a business on higher volume, lower price-point offerings, like the Scout. As a company, VPI would be better off sending out a high volume product for review versus the HR-X.

Third, I am not sure how comfortable VPI might be with a magazine review of its top table. Fremer at Stereophile was critical of the original JMW arm, and there is no reason to expose themselves to the uncertainty of a fickle reviewer if the HR-X is already selling out its production anyhow. Notably, VPI does not buy any magazine advertising, while its competition spends substantial sums (just check out Transrotor in Stereophile). While this is not supposed to make any difference, certainly there is no residual goodwill.

Amateur listeners seem to agree it's a good table. Especially with the ring clamp, it seems to show excellent detail with a tonally balanced presentation from a very quiet background. Yes, I have one, but my experience is not useful to most because I have a custom HR-X with a Graham 2.2 mounted on it. (I have already ordered a Graham Phantom, which I am told will fit in the same cut out.)
I've been wondering about this too. Incredible that Fremer hasn't done anything on it.
Jameswei..you're perking my interest! Why the Graham 2.2 over the JWM 12.5 arm that COMES with the table?? Is, in your opinion, the Graham that much better then the 12.5?

And, can you disclose the options you have in the HR-X that is custom?

Thanks
Rick
fremer was also lukewarm on the aries, which is a stunning looking and sounding player. the jmw arm is solid and easy to use, and has very accurate cueing. i placed some support discs under the cone-feet for stability- you can get them anywhere.
the motor must weigh 12 lbs. i had a thorens for years, but the vpi was a pretty big leap in performance. fremer likes what no one carries- unless you live in n.y. i guess. then,
he'll spend a week setting up and tweaking some exotic $20,000 tt, then tell everyone how great it is. all that just to play a 5.99 used record.