Why would I need Roon?

I have a Blue sound streamer with plenty of files at my fingertips, via a hard drive plugged in the back and multiple streaming services. Can someone help me understand what Roon would add to my set-up? Thanks. 
128x128hilde45
I have Amazon HD which has a good interface until you try using it through Bluesound.  I would switch to Tidal and add Roon but not sure I can import all my selected music(called My Music in Amazon).  It is literally thousands of songs.  If somebody has done this let me know.  Otherwise, an extensive winter project perhaps?
I'd happily go back to Roon if someone could tell me how to make it sound as good as Audirvana and the Bluesound Node. Both sound much better.  And that's what's most important to me. 
I’d try Audirvana if it would run on an minimalist OS designed specifically for music playback instead of windows or iOS. That could be why Roon sounds better to me.
@djones51 - Why not send it to a Raspberry Pi?  You're already using a Roon Bridge to play Roon.  How is that different?