Wife trouble

I am having trouble with mine also. What about a swap?
128x128stanwal
Firstonetallguy -- I was touched by your post, both as a man who also adores his wife and is genuinely interested/invested in her well being and happiness, and as an individual with acquired  hearing loss ( after the purchase of a 30k 2 channel system).  Thankfully my wife puts up with my hifi addiction ( she half-jokingly refers to her "stereo crackhead" husband when explaining our living room design motif to first time visitors of our home),  and my significant hearing loss only involves one ear. 
I would add that, in my pursuit of great sound and the audio equipment that would deliver it, I was mindful of not only the WAF factor, but my own aesthetic sensibilities.   As Mr Schroeder pointed out above, a wife doesn't want a garage for a living room -- and I don't either.  So I went with a Focal 2 way stand mount rather than Maggie's 

The love of my life for some 43 years has been most understanding of my Audio Indulgences. Over the years, she has worked with me patiently to arrange living spaces to accommodate the best sound and maintain livable aesthetics. We now have a 15 ft. wall of drapes on a wall with no windows, behind the Maggies, but she made them look good and it serves the need for dampening some unwanted reflections, so - win/win. We have the video room set up just off the kitchen which works well for her and the audio room is in the living room in another section of the house, which works well for me and we don't mind sharing each others space. A little patience and working together can make things work.
Jim      
If you sense trouble is brewing.....play her ....her three favorite songs on the main rig. Music has power over everything.

If you don't know her three favorite songs ......then you deserve everything that is coming to you.

With that I owe a lot of thanks to the Big Chill Soundtrack.

I'm lucky.  Spouse likes my 'hobby', and enjoys the music it can reproduce.  She has her tropical fish indoors and plants outdoors, which I enjoy.  We don't spend a fortune on either, as a general rule.  We find other things to argue about that are ultimately more important, most of which have nothing to do with our relationship.

I'll keep her over any piece of equipment....one piece of Audio Nirvana Achieved. ;)