WILL THE NEW 60,000 AVALON ISIS BE THE BEST YET?

Hi,I have had the new Avalon Isis for about a week now and put about 125 hours on them and I believe this is Avalon finest moment to date.The speaker is big but not a huge footprint 60x14x17 and it is actually more transparent and detailed than the diamond and it has the slam and bass that has never been heard thru a avalon speaker,and to top it off it is 90 db efficient.Mine is still breaking in but I believe you will hear a lot about this speaker before to long.
strapper211
So what is the component cost of these speakers?More Accuton drivers thrown in a box with about 500% mark up!
This sort of stuff should not be encouraged.

JT
As far as I can figure the driver cost alone in the Isis is about 13000.00 not counting the crossover and the wiring.Compare that to the driver cost in a wilson max about 2000.00 to 3000.00 depending on the model they choose.
jtdesigns@westnet.com.au - not a good deal for you in Australia. The locally-made Whatmough's are pretty damn fine.

Regards,
Hello Robert,

My orginal pair of Eidolon speakers (non-diamond) were in the curly maple finish. At that time it was a premium finish. I bet they are gorgeous.

Enjoy!!!!!
Tom
Strapper,you should not feel,even the least bit defensive,regarding any aspect of your wonderful ISIS acquisitions.Driver costs,or any other factor.The research,and decision to bring a product,like that to market,alone,adds to the final cost of a product.

Forget even Wilson.Take a look at the pricing on the Kharma stuff(which I love,btw)!A little,well made design,like the Midi-Exquisite,at 75k!!!!????Now,does your ISIS really look that expensive?

Best!