Wilson Sophia vs Usher Mini Dancer II

A friend of mine just purchased a pair of the Usher Mini Dancer II with the diamond tweeters. I was impressed with just how good this speaker sounds. Extended, sophisticated highs with lots of 'sparkle' and 'air' and robust tunefull bass with a good dose of impact.

I was leaning towards a used pair of Wilson Sophia II's as my 'box' speaker of choice, but now I am not so sure. Wonder how these two speakers would compare? A used set of Sophia's will run around $7k, about twice the cost of a nice used pair of Mini Dancer....
stickman451
The Usher Dancer CP8571 is a better comparison with the Wilson Sophia 2. I auditioned both when I was looking for my new speakers and, if it wasn't for the size (mostly depth) of the 8571s I might just have them in my living room now - they were a very impressive speaker (primarily in sound, but also in appearance!) The Sophias were also very good, though! I think you'll need to compare by listening, if you can.
After further research I am leaning more towards spending more and looking for a pair of good used BE-10's; a good bit more money for sure, but a more capable speaker overall, and better at playing true full-range
Hello...I used to own the BE-10s before the diamond upgrade. I paired it with both Pass XA160 and Ayre MXR monoblocks. To my hears I felt the Ushers sounded best with the Ayre.

They are indeed beautiful speakers but they do require a fairly large room to sound their best. I had them in a 25x19 room.
Did you ever try the BE-10's with tube amps?

My room is 17.5 x 26 x 9, should work okay the BE-10. Wonder if that size room could handle the BE-20? There's a pair of 20's for sale on AG...
Just keep in mind these speakers are 35 inches deep, so be sure you are ok with them protruding way out into the room. The backwards rake angle adds some serious depth to the dimensions of the speaker, which made them unworkable in my room because I needed to place them on the long wall.

They are way deeper than any speaker I've come across!