$27,500 for whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

$27,500 is a nice chunk of change, even in the audiophile world.  I think we can all agree on this.  You can get a pretty kick ass system for that amount.  I think we can all agree on this, too.  I just read something at stereophile.com that almost...almost made me choke on my triscuit.   Luckily for me, I had water ready to go, knowing how dry those things are.  $27,500 is the price for a paint upgrade, a color called cranberry pearl finish on a pair of speakers made by Wilson, the Chronosonic XVX.   Now, when we hear the name Wilson, we all know what that means.   But come on man,  $27,500 for a paint upgrade. 
shtinkydog
@testpilot...…………………………………………..
"Chances are if you are paying $850k retail for a pair speakers, Wilson will probably waive the special paint up change to make you feel you got an excellent deal

No they will not.  Wilson is just as greedy as the next bespoke audio company.  You can bet your life there are no freebies given by them.
When the Wilson rep was demoing the $200K whatever it was called with D'Agasinto (sp?) mono blocks (Dan as in the room). I thought the prices for the gear was a little insane for what I was hearing. It was really good with large scale but it was not the best thing I have heard.

The most uncomfortable part was when I was speaking with the Wilson rep (some VP) and my wife comes over to us and says to the Wilson rep, "Why are those speakers so ugly, they look like Darth Vadar". That comment did not go over too well.
+1 for your smart wife.  It is good for the manufacturer to hear that the speakers are not pretty.  Perhaps in time, the manufacturers will get it.