$500-600 Used Tuner

Like to get the current feelings of some of you here who know their tuners. I have a late-70's tuner that actually functions fairly well, but I find myself listening to FM jazz stations more and more and would like to take a step up without breaking the proverbial bank. Suggestions on the best value for a tuner around $500-600 USED.
4yanx
Go for the Magnum Dynalab FT-101A or MD90. If you have the cash get the Magnum Dynalab MD100, it's 30% better than the MD90 and has great imaging and soundstage. I've owned all their models up to the Etude.
You may not even have to spend that much. Look on Ebay for a vintage Sansui tuner like the TU-717, TU-719, or le creme de le creme, the TU X1. These will smoke any tuner out today less than $2K. I have the TU-717, bought it for $150 on Ebay, it was an upgrade from my Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner. Not only does it pull in more stations, but it's warmer and sweeter musically. The late 70's and early 80's was the golden age for tuners. I favor the Sansui models, but Kenwood and Pioneer also had some very good tuners.

Regards,
John