6922 tube question

I have a preamp which uses two 6922 tubes, currently Sovtek. To my ears, the sound is overly warm and the bottom end sounds bloated. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a tube, 6922 or otherwise, that will clean up the sound.

I'd like a crisper, more neutral sound while maintaining strong lows (though not bloated) and extended highs. Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

Also, how long is recommended for tube break-in?
one_speed
One_speed,

It's real funny that you should mention that the Sovteks are overly warm & that the bass is bloated!!!! Sovtek 6922 are *NOT* known for this character! In fact, as Newbee correctly pointed out, Sovtek 6922 are known for the diametrically opposite character - lack of warmth! I have 6922 in my tube pre - they are *not* warm/lush or overly bloated - they are on the accurate side of neutral.

It seems that you have some OTHER problem in your system! It is *not* the tube! Check your speaker position in your room? Are they too close to the side &/or rear wall? That'll bloat the bass thru room corner reinforcement. As Brauser suggested, have you spiked your speakers?
Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the replies to my inquiry. So you know, the speakers are spiked. I've played with position a bit, but should do more. I have a feeling, after reading your replies, some of the warmth comes from the oil caps, and some from the positioning of the speakers. I'm also not used to a very warm sound, so this throws me a little.

Thanks much to all, I'll check into these things.
My preamp came stock with RAM 6DJ8's - you can guess the brand of preamp. I bought and tried some mil-spec Sylvania 6922's, and they were glorious!

Lazarus Short
You got to try out the Telefunken CCa. I tried them on my previous CJ 17LS. They sound more in mid and high, more neutral than Siemens CCa. But I also believe either amp or preamp should be upgraded with oil caps or copper caps, which could help the sound more dynamic and detail.