AA for us

Is there such a place for us audiophiles: Audiophile's Anonymous? I feel that at this point that I am showing all signs of an addict and I am no longer a functioning addict, unfortunately. 

The only upside is that it is distracting me from other harmful activities such as watching the news x hours a day.

grislybutter

Severe hearing loss did it for me. Haven’t critically evaluated, tweaked, added, or subtracted anything to/from my "main" system in 8 years. Really nice for articulating dialog from Hallmark Channel at present. Truly exhilarating musical experience(s), not so much.

You might consider sitting down with a large bag of Cheetos when you start "messing" with the system. Will measurably reduce the time you spend with the equipment.

Sounds like I am surrounded by wise people here. Better than the opposite.

@frankmc195 I am not a big spender - because of the wife. But I sure have my secrets.

I have the opposite problem. I live on a small fixed Income. It usually takes me quite a long time to save up for A piece of equipment. When it comes time to make the purchase, I go through all kinds of emotions wondering if all this money I just spent is going to help my system. To date, I have been able to bat 100 but still every single time it’s a roller coaster in the brain. 

OK, if weather is out try putting Peri Peri sauce on everything (and I mean everything).

DeKay

@gkelly my budget is so small I can relate to the saving up part, but unfortunately my conscience is not fighting me much.

@dekay Totally. I will try anything on everything.