Acoustic resonators in place of room treatment

Attended Frank of Acoustic resonators demo during Kuala lumpur AV show , Malaysia yesterday. Demostrated his magic show and I can really hear the difference . During Q & A session someone asked him whether it is necessary to do room treatment if we use the acoustic resonators. Was told it's sufficient to use only the resonators up to max 11 pieces only. I got my room treated using Rives level1 ( only level possible in Malaysia) & faced with construction issues & it's only theoretical design only. If it's truly work , it's certainly preferably over traditional room
treatment. Cost wise it's comparable . Anybody has tried the resonator method of room treatment & what is your impression?
128x128audioblazer
Dotsystem, I have a large room and little to no experience with a small one. I wish that I could always be really mindful of the fact that most of what I might post is of limited application to people with small rooms. I am now at my small summer home in Angel Fire NM. I really have no listening room here as our three bedrooms are all full of beds, etc. I have had to resort to Grado headphones and must say I just cannot get into them.
TGB, looking at my speaker wall situation, it is a miracle that I have any center fill at all. The Bass Station helps but does solve the bass issues in this room. I have a 7.1 system in a 16 * 25 room with no treatments and do not have the bass issues I have in the smaller room. I have a small Velodyne sub with the built in EQ feature. Yesterday, I visted a friend with a nice 2 channel system in a similarly sized room with various nicely placed Real Trap products. It breathes in a way I fear my small room never will.
When I see Rives selling these little cups, or similar I'll believe it. That he does not speaks volumes.

You are all of course free to believe what you will.

John C.
Hotsauce, Is rives audio selling these resonators? I dont see it in their website. However, I do see that virtual dynamics is selling the acoustic resonators by Franck Tchang.
Tbg, maybe I do understand why u cant stand Rives design. I did a Level 1 with Rives audio. I like the look of things but the detail drawings could have been better. I have to ripped off the front resonator due to vibration which I constructed as detailed in their drawings. However , to be fair to Rives audio, Richard in particular, he was very accommodate in entertain my questions when I was faced with a blurred image issue. So for those using Rives audio, asked as many questions as possible and use some creativity in constructing the room treatment. As far as room treatment and design is concern, I believe there is no 1 right way\ only, just like how synergistic research and acoustic resonator approached the room tuning issues using different products and materials.