adante

anyone know why Elac is discontinuing this line?
mattz
I have the Adante monitors. I like them I moved them to my home theater room and found they sound best there, due to their excellent dynamics and deeper than average bass extension. A unique speaker that can and does sound great with Parasound amps. 

The Adante are revealing, you have to spend 2-3x more on the rest of the chain to get them performing as thy should
Ricered1: you’re just upset because I usually disagree with you.
Uncle_monkey: you registered for that? Very hard to believe. Anyway — I was initially impressed with the Adante, when the right music is played (how Andrew jones conducts all his demos), but once I started listening to female vocals etc, I realized how painfully flawed they are. Also, your assessment that the R3 is anything like the Adante is funny. They sound nothing alike.

There is a reason Adante was at blow out pricing only two years after their introduction. Just as there is a reason ELAC is bringing a new debut reference line out that is reusing original Debut 2.0 parts. Can you guess 
The Adantes seem like thoroughbreds, high performance, yet more demanding than most in this racehorse hobby r able to muster.  Some crackpots probably attempting to run em with his beloved silver loom, and blaming the speaker for the blocky base response...

I’ve the two newer Debut Reference in house, the bookshelf and floorstanders, & they r gonna make it hard to justify spending major coinage on audio jewelry. The monies have been well spent by AJ.  Sit back, kick your feet up, enjoy your music as they easily reveal both the quality of the recording and exactly where any colourations exist in ones playback system.  Easy to live with, fun to be around, non demanding yet responds to qualit’y compny’.  Lots to recommend here...