Adding a maple platform to an existing wood rack

I am considering getting a 3" thick maple platform from either Timbernation or Tony's Woodshop. What is the best way to couple this to the top shelf of my RIX RAX. I now use the 2- shelf Rix stand that is on most of my system page photos. My thought is use Mapleshade Isoblocks or a like product.On a similar thread, a company called Atlanta Vibration pads sell an Isoblock type product for a lot less money. Their product is 1" high, while the Isoblock is 1 3/4" high. I use one suspended table, and one Non-suspended table. My floor is suspended, but has numerous floor jacks below the floor, so it's pretty stable. Lastly, do you think it's overkill to get a 3" platform since the Rix itself has such a substantial top shelf,which is also solid maple. Any suggestions are appreciated.
fjn04
Inna: Do you currently have your turntable on the floor?
If so, what species of hardwood is the flooring made from?
And , is it solid wood flooring or laminated?
Since you want to keep the tonal balance as is, get a platform made from the same species of wood as the flooring. This should minimize the potential coloration issue to some degree.
Thanks Thorman, Salectric, Rakuenow, Ska_man, and Cinellipro.
I will likely go forward, and give the Maple Platform a go.
They seem to move well on the used market, so I think it's worth a shot. My 2 shelf Rix Rax is actually on the low side, so it will raise it up a at least 4" w/ the cork product as well. I did try a granite/MDF composite shelf before, and did not like it much at the time. I felt it added a hardness to the sound, so that's the reason I am sticking to wood.
Yeah, it is on the floor sitting on the Nottingham supplied MDF platform with steel cones under it. The flooring appears to be solid wood and laquered, it's slippery you know. But maybe it's laminated, it's a modest appartment. What species of hardwood? I have no idea. But it's not oak or rosewood or ebony, that's for sure. Something cheap, I guess.
I generally agree with your approach.