All New Yamaha NS-2000A Loudspeakers Are On The Market

rick2000

wolfie62, Physics, is physics, is physics. Most speakers all look the same because they employ the same engineering design principles - radiating drivers in a box (except for say Maggies and others that aren't sealed or ported boxes)

But yeah, I'd want to HEAR these and how they sound at their price point compared to others.  They are very pretty for sure. But then piano gloss black and white have been around a very long time already.  Is it dated or "classic"?

Specs say 34 Hz-65 kHz (-10 dB).  Not very meaningful.  I mean -10dB??? 

How about +/-1.5dB?  But I won't hold my breath.

Then we have far too many manufacturers of late not even specifying ANY +/- dB ratings...just giving some wild guess frequency range.  Jeez.

I owned a pair if Yamaha NS1000M's back in the late 70's. Ok sound but nothing spectacular.  Speakers like these come and go continuously from companies like Yamaha. I would stick with Vandersteen.  IMO.

@mrdecibel  yeah I was biting my tongue when I wrote that.  IMO you have not heard the Vandersteen speakers until you hard them on my equipment.  That is when I heard what they were meant to sound like.

Happy Listening.