Alternative speaker suggestion to B&W 805d3

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805d3. They are the nicest speaker I've ever owned. I have had many "lesser" B&W models in the past. In fact it's the only brand of speaker I've ever owned. I love how they look (especially the 805's),  and they sound great. BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker. Even with a pair of REL subs, some recordings can get fatiguing and to sound far too sharp. I really do love the detail but it can get to be a bit much sometimes. Other recordings sound absolutely incredible through these speakers. I'm wondering if there's another speaker I should try? I'm open to going to a floor standing speaker too. The Dali Epicon 6 looks great, Thoughts?
paulgardner
I have a b&w asw 2000 subwoofer, a 12 inch beast, next to my 804 d3’s and that tends to balance out high end.  Not sure if low end of bass is all that strong on the 804s.  
You can go in one of two directions...warmer amp or different speakers.  

The Cronus is wonderful but it is not known for its warmth.  Rogue gear is brilliant (I own a Hydra) but the relatively linear nature of its sound means if will leave the 805 D3s a little bright.  

You could look at either VTL or VAC as really good options for warmer sounding integrated amps that will soften the sound of those B&Ws.  Another option would be look at a hybrid integrated like the AVM Evolution A 5.2.  It has a tube input stage that will warm the sound with a neutral SS output stage.  Naim and Pass would be other really good options for SS gear.  

For speakers, i would encourage you to look at my (Verdant Audio) Nightshade Speakers.  They are incredibly revealing but aren't quite as bright as the 805 D3s.  Another customer bought them on here recently and there is a review at Shoestring Audiophile.  Others coming.  

http://theshoestringaudiophile.com/dark-and-handsome-verdant-audio-nightshade-speakers/

Another brilliant option would be something like the Spendor D7.2. For a smallish floorstander, it delivers a natural sound but is unbelievably revealing and should work well with the Cronus. 

I offer a 30 day in-home trial on my speakers and will take your B&Ws on trade vs. my speakers or the Spendors if you find them interesting.  I am also an AVM dealer and would take your Cronus on trade vs. an AVM 5.2.  

PM me if you are interested in any of these options.  
Another consideration is the Proac D2 if you want to stick with monitors or the larger Proac floor standers if you have the room and the budget for them. They are easier to drive than 805D3 and bit more forgiving too.