Am I crazy????? Try THIS

So my friend needs stands for his book shelf speakers. We can't find any in my little town. I had an idea, HANG THEM!!! They sound so much better. Why? Before you get crazy we didn't have to drill the cabinets or anything we just built a "harness" of sorts. It looks somewhat different, but for about $11.75 we hung both his speakers with braided wire and some eye screws etc. And they sound better to me. Anyone done this?

rf
rfernandez
Newbee...Yes that's what Newton said, but he also explained how to calculate how much that reaction would be. We agree that other effects swamp speaker movement, if any.
the fact that my dogs can't physicaly pee on my speakers is enough for me, not that they would. young children cannot comprehend the importance of our highly valued speakers.

now i have seen a speaker box thrown back and forth like a rag doll. high grade sudwoofer in a cheep technics 3 way box hooked to carver tfm15 that was in mono config, and the box was on the ground. so i am sure it is possable. i just havent seen it in a stock speaker.
the fact i have not seen the sp move do not mean it is not moving, it is moving back and forth in oppsite direction of the woofer. the mass of the air being moved in relation to the mass of all non moving parts of the speaker will determine how much along with a bunch of other factors, musical input would play a big part. with the right imput you could have them swinging back and forth with ease.
try to push a boulder. It doesn't move because the boulder push backed absorbing the energy.