Amplifier Power tubes - important to sound?

i replaced all the small tubes on my mono amplifiers and now I'm left with replacing the stock Power tubes, kt88.

I like what I hear with 12 new small tubes - telefunken nos 12ax7 and 12at7. 

Now I am left with replacing 16 kt88 stock JJ tubes.   will Probably use Siemens 6550 nos.

How much will this impact what I hear do you think?  I recall hearing that power tubes don't make that much of a difference.

emergingsoul

@carlsbad2 : The 807 is a seven pin top cap connector anode tube. It is not swappable with octal power tubes. So how can you compare it to the common octal power tubes as you claim?

@jasonbourne71 I’m sorry, what are you talking about? It’s very easy to substitute an 807 for a 6L6 or KT66 with an adapter socket you can buy on eBay. You just have to be careful to observe the lower dissipation rating and keep the plate and screen voltages at 400VDC or below. The 807 is pretty much a 6L6GB with slightly higher max ratings. My amps will accomodate KT66, 6L6GC, 5881 or 807. And the 807 uses a *five* pin socket. The 1625, the 12 volt version of the 807, uses a seven-pin socket.

All…please be very diligent and extremely careful recommending tubes for OP’s system. The tubes must be on a good enough level to not embarrass the amps that will be driving a $50,000 pair of speakers that OP is looking to purchase. Please continue your battle on tube choices, plate voltages, tops, compatibility , requirements and adapters. I’m sure all this information will be extremely helpful to @emergingsoul 

And just curious, @emergingsoul , with you being so impressed with Jay’s Audio Lab, are you contacting him for an advice. What did Jay say about your setup and future plans?

Post removed