Any Vandersteen 7 Owners in SFO Bay Area ?

Hi,

There is no dealer in San Francisco Bay Area who carries Vandersteen 7.  I want to listen to them before i consider and upgrade and wondering if there is anyone in my area who can help me.  I own 5A Carbons and thinking of upgrading. 
veerapaneni
Thanks Johnny.  Many of us feel the same way about the 7 mk2's.  They are just so special IMHO and  outperform the Wilson XLF's and the top Radiho's (spelling) that I've heard.  It's just special speaker and Johnny is as good a dealer as you will find in the country.  Give him a call if you don't have a local Vandy dealer. There are MANY on this as well as other boards who drive many miles to work with him as he's an honest guy who also knows his stuff.  
Tom, I never got a PM.  I don't even see a place to look for it.  email me at ctsooner@alumni.ou.edu   thanks.  Also, anyone who wants a pretty set of Treo's that I got from Johnny, let me know as I'm moving on up to the Quatro's.  lol
Is there a major difference between MK I and MK II ? I found MK I speakers and wondering if it is worth upgrading to MK II . 
Yes there is a difference in the mids and highs.  Just a bit more refined, spacious and airy.  Even less distortion.  I hear the difference, but like anything in this range, it's incremental and not WOW.  Just want to make sure you know that you have to be the original owner in order to get the upgrades.  Some folks don't realize that until after they have purchased a used piece on here and then want to upgrade, only to realize they can't.  Are you working with a dealer?  If so, no problem.
Also the size and height of the sound stage will be larger with the 2's.  Everything is just better. Incremental, but in this price range that's important and when you look at 10k in the big scheme of putting a large system like this together, yes it's a big difference you will hear.  JMHO

So did you get to Randy's? If so, how did it go?