Anybody want a laugh?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254589502418

Yes, thatโ€™s a network switch marketed to Audiophiles.ย 
๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†
128x128dougeyjones
@mahgister - good point, when you hear superior you recognise it.
@djones, maybe you should ask the seller if he'll accept returns and try the funny router?
Don't think so. Once something is transparent it can't get more transparent. I could add things to color in different ways but not me . Streaming over ethernet isn't rocket science and as long as you have good basic components and your noise floor before the amp is -118 no need for these tweaks that can't be heard except by my dog.ย 
There is no such thing : a sound without "color"....An uncolored sound means nothing in an absolute sense...

All sound coming from a room, a particular house, a specific electrical grid, a particular audio system is colored in some way for some particular ears that listen to these same" colors" in their particular way and will perceive them in their own way...

Tweaks by themselves are only that: tweaks useful or not....

But controlling the mechanical, electrical and acoustical embeddings amount to more than using a tweak or 2....It need to be take care of in a systematic experimental way.....It is possible, cheap, and audible by me , my dog, and even my wife (perhaps not my wife).... :)

There is no such thing that a sound without "color"
Which is why I said before the amp. If the signal over noise and distortion on the analog outputs of the DAC is below human hearing then itโ€™s transparent and all those streamers, switches and routers and whatever upstream doesnโ€™t amount to diddley. Now after the signal hits the speaker and how it interacts with the room is a different story.